Stonesong began more than 30 years ago as a book packager and continues to offer packaging services under its book development arm, updated for the rapidly changing contemporary book market.
Our book development arm conceives of book and series concepts for authors and corporate brands, in close consultation with our clients. Stonesong then develops the book proposal and represents the project to all major publishers. Publishers also seek us out to design and produce books under contract with them. Books we’ve produced include
- The Nation’s Stage: The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (Simon & Schuster)
- Choose to Lose: The 7-day Carb Cycle Solution (Hyperion)
- The Sisters Grimm: A Very Grimm Guide (Abrams)
- Insanewiches (St. Martin’s Press)
- Wear This, Toss That (Atria/Simon & Schuster)
- 113 by 13 (Harlequin)
- Grandmother Remembers Holiday (Abrams)
- Antiques Roadshow: Behind the Scenes (Simon & Schuster)
- How Not to Look Old (Grand Central/Hachette Publishing Group)
- The DIY Bride, three-book series (Taunton Press)
- Petfinder: The Adopted Dog Bible (HarperCollins)
- Dancing with the Stars (HarperCollins)
- The Daring Book for Girls, four-book series (HarperCollins)
- The Why Files (Penguin)
- Wicked Good Words (Perigee/Penguin)
- Smart Words (Perigee/Penguin)
- Vision Board (HarperCollins)
We closely follow the market, come up with compelling and timely concepts, match the concept with an author or brand, develop the book contents, and put together the creative team to make the book happen, which can range from one author to many writers and include photo researchers, photographers, stylists, recipe developers, designers, and more.
Stonesong also works with creatives who have a brand platform. We develop books based on an individual author’s platform or a company’s brand, find the right author, and represent the project to publishers.
We’ve developed books for hundreds of corporate and individual clients over the years. Please see our list of corporate clients on this site and contact us at email@example.com to learn more.