Petfinder.com The Adopted Dog Bible
Your One-Stop Resource for Choosing, Training, and Caring for Your Sheltered or Rescued Dog
The old rules don’t always apply to adopted dogs, whose training, past behaviors, and health histories may be a mystery. At least, in chapters reviewed by experts in veterinary medicine, nutrition, and training, pet parents will learn:
– Where to find your perfect canine companion
– All about breeds and mixed breeds and how you can adopt any type of dog
– Smart guidelines for adoption success
– What to expect when you bring your new pup home (and long after)
– Clicker, target stick, and other retraining methods
– Humane ways to modify undesirable behaviors
– Holistic and conventional medical treatments
– Plus recipes, doggy workouts, hearwarming true stories of adopted dogs and their happy parents, information on saving dogs on a larger scale, and much, much more!
Since 1996, Petfinder.com has facilitated more than 11 million pet adoptions. More than 1 in 10 homes with pets in the United States contains an animal found on Petfinder.com, which receives five million visitors every month. Kim Saunders is vice president of shelter outreach at Petfinder.com.